Side Menu ☰
- Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Service
- Individual Placement and Support Service FAQs
- User Employment Programme
- User Employment Programme FAQs
- Work placement options
- Looking for a job
- Customising your CV or application form
- Interview success tips: body language
- Preparing for interview questions
- Talking to employers about your mental health
- Staying in work
- Wellbeing at work
- Your benefits
- Disability Employment Advisers in boroughs covered by CNWL
- External employment services
- External employment services in Brent
- External employment services in Harrow
- External employment services in Hillingdon
- External employment services in Kensington & Chelsea
- External employment services in Westminster
- Recovery stories
- Carers - FAQs
- Myth busters
External employment services in Westminster
These services each specialise in a particular area of employment support and have their own referral systems. There are also organisations which offer access to volunteering listed at the bottom of the page.
For full information about eligibility and referrals, see the links below.
Abbey Centre Into Work Support
Abbey Centre Into Work Support provides job search guidance, a job brokerage scheme and volunteer placements to improve employability. It also offers training and education in IT and ESOL.
Eligibility, referrals: speak to Caroline Richardson.
Tel: 0207 227 0655
Avanta Enterprise offers career advice and employment preparation workshops.
Eligibility: People who are long-term unemployed; young and unemployed for six months; or homeless and unemployed.
Tel: Helena Choudhury on 0207 462 4550
Business in the Community
Business in the Community runs Ready for Work, which provides pre-placement training, work placements and post-placement support.
Eligibility: People who are disadvantaged, especially those who have been homeless.
Tel: Sarah Setby on 020 7566 6646